Once upon a time, well over 30 years ago, I was a primary school student at Holy Cross, a Catholic parish and grade school in Western Massachusetts. On one random day, I got into a schoolyard brawl with some goofy smart-mouth kid named Tommy. To this day, I don't recall what that particular fight was about, just that it was the first of several knock-down, drag-out, schoolyard scuffles that would repeatedly land both of our asses in the principal's office. Whenever Tommy and I were sent to the principal, we would sit side-by-side outside the office, on a tacky green office couch, waiting to be scolded by the top nun in the joint. Thankfully, this was in the years shortly after nuns had permanently holstered their rulers. Each time Tommy and I were sent to the principal's office, we would just sit petulantly, semi-supervised with no choice but to be civil towards each other while we waited for our scolding and were forced to ...
This is yet another (mostly) AI animation using a comedy bit from a classic episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. This time, I was inspired by the season 2 cold open where Detective Charles Boyle grows a very unflattering goatee and is upset when Jake and the other detectives are honest about how bad it looks on him. Poor Boyle even gets so attached to the ugly goatee that he gives it a name: Bianca. This time, Nightwing is cast in the role of Charles Boyle, instead of Jake. Some may argue that this casting is too against type, since Nightwing is typically considered the "cool" and/or "quippy" one in the Bat Family. However, over several decades of DC Comics, Nightwing has had more than enough cringeworthy and blind-spot moments for this to be justified, in my opinion. :) The original Brooklyn Nine-Nine scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ3tg7F5jFs This video is made in the spirit of humor, parody, and fair use....
Feel free to watch as I zen out and illustrate Kelnacca to some purly instrumental music. Kelnacca was the enigmatic Wookiee Jedi Master from Star Wars: The Acolyte. While the Acolyte is quite far from my favorite Star Wars show/story, I was really taken with the look and concept of a proper Wookiee Jedi. Kelnacca is a Force-sensitive Wookiee from Kashyyyk, known for his role during the High Republic Era and his appearance in The Acolyte series. Despite his brief screen time, Kelnacca’s unique look and mysterious backstory have captured the imaginations of certain Star Wars fans, and whether you are a Star Wars fan, a fellow artist, someone looking for classical music to fall asleep to, or just love watching art come to life, don’t forget to subscribe and sound off in the comments. ------ #StarWars #Kelnacca #TheAcolyte #ArtTutorial #Inking #Drawing #musicforsleep #StarWarsArt #HighRepublic #WookieeJedi #FanArt
Comments