My First Book - Blue Shift

Like many creative people, for most of my adult life, I've considered taking a stab at writing. However, of all creative endeavors widely divided by the barrier that separates thinking and doing, in my mind, the top to one the list are the acts of (1) committing to putting a story to paper (or screen), and (2) summoning the guts to put your story out there.  However, I recently and finally, followed through on doing just that.

A few years ago, I started writing a screenplay for an animated short film and potential television pilot, at one point titled 'Starfall'. For a very long time I worked on this screenplay on and off, until I eventually had a WGA-registered script that I was satisfied with. Then, at some point, I decided to create a novelized version the Starfall script. After several months of struggling with the differences of screenplay storytelling versus the written form of a novel, I eventually created the book pictured below, which is now available for purchase as of last week.



Blue Shift: A Starfall Chronicle is a science fiction novella about an alien soldier named Shen who is tasked with the mission of recapturing a hijacked deep space prison transport. However, Shen's impulsive cowboy-like actions allow multiple alien convicts the chance they need to escape to Earth. Now, several dangerous extraterrestrial fugitives are running around on our world, doing God knows what to whoever they please, and no one can stop them, other than Shen, his android partner, and a mysterious man in black known only as Mr. McGrath.
 - Available on Amazon in both paperback and Kindle formats.

...BUT WAIT... Didn't I say something about an animated film? 
  
Yes I certainly did... and for more on that, stay tuned.  ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Tommy

Attention Kids: Don’t Drink Glass

Hawaiian Thanksgiving