Two Days in Orlando

As everyone can tell from the existence of this post, In spite of a weird omen, some travel dilemmas and violent storms down south, I did survive my little 9/11 Florida trip.



Prior to this week, I had never been to Florida before, and part of the reason I went down is because it really looks like I’ll be moving to Orlando at the end of this month. So, I guess it’s a good thing I got to check it out this week, before jumping in head first. In all honesty, I do have to admit that I've always been very curious about the twenty-seventh state. Throughout my life, I’ve heard people describe Florida as “one of the nicest parts of America” as well as “a Darwinian black hole” and several other things in-between. Given the fact that I only had a couple of days to check it out and I was neither killed nor insanely awe-struck, for the moment, I will assume a healthy middle-ground and hope for the best. Either way, it seems I’ll see for sure in a month or two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Tommy

Attention Kids: Don’t Drink Glass

Hawaiian Thanksgiving