Breaking a Personal Rule

When normal people have errands to run, it’s usually just around the corner or a quick drive across town… but as most folks know, I’m not “normal people”. This weekend I’ve got errands to run in Florida. So, this year I’ll be breaking my personal rule of not doing any noteworthy travel on September 11th by taking a little flight down south.

In spite of a certain insistence that I have a very special relationship with the universe (but don’t we all), I tend not to be what most people would consider sincerely superstitious. However, after some mishaps checking in this morning, as I sit at the airline gate waiting for my boarding time, I have to admit to being a little taken back when, just moments ago, I purchased a breakfast sandwich and beverage here in the terminal and they totaled $6.66. Given the uselessness of flight-related anxiety, I’ll choose to write it off as nothing more than a light prank from the powers that be, if even that. (In just a few hours we’ll know for sure anyway.) In the meantime, while I sit here in wait, enjoying both people-watching and my iPod, I would like to humbly implore Dunkin Donuts to consider changing their prices at Bradley International Airport, if only by a penny or two, as to not freak out more impressionable travelers. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Tommy

Attention Kids: Don’t Drink Glass

Hawaiian Thanksgiving