Hawaiian Thanksgiving


There are only certain things I miss about New England since moving to the Pacific. Near the top of that list is Thanksgiving Day with my brothers, parents and cousins. Even on the outskirts of Lahaina, no picnic on the beach could ever compete with Mom’s cooking surrounded by the dramatic comedy that is my family. However, today in the Maui sunshine, I chose to be content with a simple meal, a boogie board and some new friends.

Despite certain hardships, I am very grateful for a lot of things and people in my life right now. To all the folks who have continued to stand by me near and far, as well as those with whom I’ve shared simpler kindness and have since parted ways:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.


Comments

Nesting Guest said…
Yeah, I do what I can.

:-P

You sure are missed.
Phil said…
Is that your view? Christ man!
Chris O'Connell said…
Funny thing though, guys... I have actually been thinking of legally changing my name to 'Christ'. I tried going by it a couple of times in the past partly cuz there are just too many damn Chrises (and even Chris O'Connells) out there... and I kinda like the way going by it makes corny people uncomfortable. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Tommy

Attention Kids: Don’t Drink Glass