Adventures of the Tommy

As many people know, I'm less than thrilled that my childhood friend Staff Sargent Thomas Sullivan has been sent back to Iraq. The poor guy got, not one, but TWO purple hearts last time he served over there, and now, in a display of infinite push-your-luck wisdom, the powers-that-be have sent him back for another round.

Now folks, I'm no military expert, but doesn't getting wounded heroically in warfare twice warrant someone like Tommy doing something else... like maybe swapping places with one of those annoying Colonel's nephews who has a cushy recruiting job at some mall.

I dunno, am I crazy for thinking that would be fair?
(...Shut up, I know life isn't fair.)

Well, fortunately, Tommy being Tommy, he's making the best of being sent back into the catastrafuck. (Thank you, Jon Stewart) Recently, on Myspace he posted a picture of his new spot for naps.



So, after a hard day of fighting for... um... whatever the Hell our guys are still fighting for at this point, you bet your ass they deserve to a nice nap in a comfy throne. After all, it's not like Saddam needs it anymore... he's bunking with Adolf now.

Comments

Nesting Guest said…
That picture made me grin so damn big. I love it. And yeah, life's not fair, but I'm Polish, so I'll happily keep you company and totally agree that it's wicked lame that a twice wounded guy is getting sent back into the pit. Lame!
Phil said…
Catastrafuck is now my new favorite word.
Props and major respect to your friend Tommy. I have all the respect in the world for those who not only go in the first place, but choose that what they're doing is valued and important enough to do it again. Regardless of my personal political preferences, it takes quite the individual to do that.

Pic made me smile as well!
carbunclon said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Tommy

Attention Kids: Don’t Drink Glass

Hawaiian Thanksgiving