About 6 Months Later...

Yet again, it's been quite some time since I've written a blog entry... and I'm quite sure that the few people who still read this blog will probably wonder why I still bother to post at this point... but just the same, while I currently have the time, energy and urge to write online, here goes...
 .
When I last blogged, it was right after the holiday season, and The Green Hornet (a motion picture I had done some work on) was soon to hit the movie theaters. Well, since then, the film loudly came and went from the theaters, and to my own mild surprise, in spite of some questionable casting, the Hornet did decently overall both at the box office and with critics. It has since come out on DVD and Blueray.

So what have I been up to since the winter months? Well, I did get to spend Easter week in Maui for my birthday back in April. (click here for photos) ...but aside from that all-to-brief tropical getaway, with no exaggeration, most of my awake hours over the first half of 2011 had me working very hard as a stereoscopic artist on the following two Marvel movies:
 
Thor  Captain America.

Thor Poster Movie B (11 x 17 Inches - 28cm x 44cm) Natalie Portman Chris Hemsworth Samuel L. Jackson Anthony Hopkins Stellan Skarsg rd  Captain America Poster - Teaser Flyer 11x17 - The First Avenger 2011 Movie CAFA

Now, unless you live under a rock, you've at least heard of Thor and it's success as the first big summer blockbuster of this year. By the way, much overdue thanks to all of my friends and family who saw Thor in 3D and helped make it a success, while supporting the very hard work done by me, my colleagues and countless other creative people. As for Captain America: The First Avenger, he'll be hitting theaters in 3D on July 22, and mark my words, Cap is gonna be bringing it with tons of nazi-punching & shield-throwing awesomeness! For those out there who don't know about good ol' Cap or aren't yet adequately psyched for the film, check out the following trailer. It sets the tone pretty well.
.

 .
As for me personally, if I have my way, there are going to be a few big changes going on in the coming weeks, hopefully all for the better. However, in the meantime, while I do hope to stay somewhat busy, let's see if I can find myself more easily going less than about half a year between these darn blog entries.

...wish me luck.  ;)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Tommy

Attention Kids: Don’t Drink Glass

Hawaiian Thanksgiving