Hoping Everyone Had a Happy 4th

Today, I thought I'd break my latest bout of blog-neglect by saying:
I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July yesterday! :)

I'm glad to say that I had a good time, at least until some serious cookout gluttony that left me juggling a food coma with nighttime indigestion. However, after reading the news this morning, I found myself uplifted to see that certain tourists in New York had an extra-special and historically good day yesterday.


Climbing Lady Liberty and enjoying the view from her crown is pretty high on my list of awesome childhood memories, but when visiting the statue in more recent years, I have to say, it was downright saddening and scarily metaphoric of those times to get stopped short in the pedestal, finding one's self unable to truly enjoy Liberty in the name of security. Thankfully, things look very different now and the next time I visit New York, I plan to reacquaint myself with a very special lady from France! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Tommy

SIGGRAPH 2009 in Louisiana

Hawaiian Thanksgiving