Explainations



Earlier this week, I had intended to write a blog entry detailing my experiences taking a road trip with some buddies to attend the Evolve 3D animation conference in Fort Lauderdale last weekend. I had also intended to explain my last brief and weird blog entry a bit. Unfortunately, more serious obligations hijacked my week and this is the first time I've been willing and able to blog since the last entry.

On the topic of Evolve 3D, several days later, I really don't have too much to say about it. With the exception of one really good speaker, the conference was actually quite a letdown on the whole. The event started really late, half the speakers weren't very informative and the whole "job fair" portion only consisted of six recruiters with only a few seeming serious about looking for talent. Suffice to say, I seriously doubt I ever would pay to attend Evolve 3D again if it becomes a recurring event. As it turns out, rather than the actual event I traveled for, the adventure of taking the road trip to Lauderdale and back with wacky friends is what made the weekend worthwhile for me... and on that note...

For anyone who was concerned by my last blog entry: The comment about my buddy Dwight in the last entry was because he had arranged for us to stay with different people on the way down and on the way back. However, on the way back, we almost got lost and were delayed both by a redneck speed trap and a GPS with PMS. Thus, the people who lived in the mansion where we stayed on the way back were all fast asleep in bed by the time we got there and it felt like we were breaking and entering when we quietly arrived very late and settled in for the night. Fortunately, when the sun rose, the residents all turned out to be incredibly nice and hospitable people who I still can't thank enough.

All that, along with an unconventional church service, too much fast food, more artistic nerd banter than you can shake a stick at, a mini Dexter marathon and a road trip playlist that mixed ska with Irish rock... No wonder I had a hard time catching up on Monday. :P

Comments

bingskee said…
how boring it is to be in a lecture room with boring lecturers. i find writing a poem or sketching much more interesting...

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Tommy

SIGGRAPH 2009 in Louisiana

Hawaiian Thanksgiving