Smoke Through a Keyhole

Every once in a while, my old man says: “we only come this way once.”

This sentiment is something that I think we all know on an intellectual level, but it seems, no matter how we choose to live our lives, the notion that life is not a practice run and we only have one shot to actually live it... well, that is something we each need to be reminded of in a deeper sense from time to time.

Yesterday, a friend and I went to see The Bucket List starring Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman and Sean Hayes. In my opinion, it was not an epic film, nor is it a film that I expect to dramatically change how most people view the world… but it is a very good film… and in my opinion, a brilliantly played reminder we should all indulge in. I don’t do film reviews, so just trust me and go see it.


Comments

Nesting Guest said…
OK, I really can't be convinced to see this movie, BUT I hear what you are saying loud and clear. I've been trying to do that since last fall. You're of course one of the people who constantly remind me how to live more fully and take more risks. So thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Tommy

Attention Kids: Don’t Drink Glass

Hawaiian Thanksgiving