Brown Waves and Power Outages

To those of you who have been having trouble getting me for the past couple days, it might kinda-sorta have something to do with the insane tropical storms we’ve been having on Maui this week. The rains knocked out power in my town for about a day and a half, while causing considerable property damage island-wide. To those of you who were concerned with my abrupt disappearance from the grid, thank you, but please do not worry. Aside from the frustrations of computer withdrawal, some dampness and using the bathroom in the dark, my roommates and I are fine.


Nope... the color isn't really off in this picture... Those are indeed brown waves. :(


Sure several local roads and beaches are ruined for the time being, but I have to admit, we were lucky on my side of the island...and from what I hear, some folks in other parts of Maui were not nearly so lucky. So, if you are able to, please give to the Maui affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. Even though the national news doesn't think this unfortunate weather is nearly as important as the last so-called "hurricane" that came by Hawai'i, I assure you, these are very real storms that have effected the lives of very real people.


...and like in the legends of Noah or Gilgamesh, we should all have a promise of a better tomorrow.


Comments

enenmon said…
the weather these days r getting crazy in spore too!! rain rain rain rain...rainy season... but it's cool! i get to wear my long sleeve shirts, jackets, sweaters....
Nesting Guest said…
Yowza. Real glad you are safe.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Tommy

Attention Kids: Don’t Drink Glass

Hawaiian Thanksgiving