Lahaina Halloween

This still being my first year living in Hawaii, of course I had to go check out Halloween in Lahaina. Apparently it is one of those events that people come from far and wide for and it’s quite the staple in contemporary Maui culture. Now, first of all, I’d like to go on record and say that people talked this thing up to me way too much. I went in thinking it was going to be like Mardi-Gras with all sorts of dangerous partying and crazy Girls Gone Wild crap all over the place; and while it was indeed quite crazy and somewhat raunchy, it certainly wasn’t of the caliber I was set up to expect. However, being a Halloween person who grew up with people who usually gave it limited due (with preference to occasions like Christmas, Thanksgiving or Easter), I felt extremely gratified to finally be amidst folks with true spirit in celebrating Halloween. In my opinion it’s the most fun holiday of all if you just let go and allow yourself be young again... and trust me, many of the cool folks who celebrate All Hallows Eve in Lahaina are definitely feeling me on that one. Now, let’s cut to some pics.

Yup, I called upstairs, Heaven is indeed missing an angel.

...and speaking of religious phenomena, here's the Last Supper.
...but wait a sec, Leonardo is sitting in for JC!
Where the heck... Oh, wait... here he is...

I always suspected he was really black.
"For my next miracle, I'm gonna turn water into funk!"

Always the case: Chicks dig guys in uniform.

...but I guess it can go both ways, cuz the babe on the right here can cuff me any day. =)

This Sith-Lord is indeed strong with the Force.
He made the crappiness of my camera look like cool special effects.

Anyone who knows me, knows I can be a sucker for cartoon babes.

So, of all the babes there, how could I EVER pass up this one?

See you next year everyone! :)


Comments

ezell said…
Awesome Halloween in New york is cool but we dont have the tropical weather and beaches. but hey Life's a beach, and then you move in with Chris :)
Nesting Guest said…
It does look like a blast. I think EZ is onto something with the weather. When it's not so cold people are happier and will get crazier. That Marge Simpson looks great!

I didn't get to celebrate Halloween the way I wanted to this year, but something tells me I'll get to make up for that sooner or later.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering Tommy

SIGGRAPH 2009 in Louisiana

Hawaiian Thanksgiving